Storing Your Meals
To keep your Yummy Meals fresh for up to 7 days, please store them in your freezer immediately upon receiving your order.
The best temperature for a freezer is -18°C & below.
Alternatively, meals can also be stored in the chiller at between 0°C and 4°C. It is best that you consume meals stored in the chiller within 3-4 days from the day of delivery.
Thawing Your Meals
If you store you meals in the freezer, ensure that they are not rock-solid frozen when re-heating. Here are 3 ways you can thaw frozen meals.
Transfer to Chiller
Select your next meal and move it from the freezer to chiller at least 12 hours before re-heating.
Microwave Thaw Function
Put the frozen meal in your microwave oven and use the thaw function for 4-5 minutes.
30% Microwave Power
Set the microwave oven to 30% power and heat up the frozen meal for 4-5 minutes.
Re-Heating Your Meals
Once your meals have thawed, there are 3 ways you can re-heat them:
Our corn starch based meal boxes are biodegradable, which helps reduce carbon footprint, totally microwave-save, and are able to withstand high temperatures.
- Remove the meal box lid & place it back on top of the box without sealing it. This helps to retain food moisture. If you meal comes with a cute 'lil sauce container, simply dispose of the sauce container lid.
- Microwave at 100% power for 4-5 minutes.
- Completely remove the meal box lid and, if any, sauce container lid.
- Place meal box into steamer. Yes, our meal boxes are steamer-friendly.
- Steam for 10 minutes.
BRO TIP: You can steam your frozen meals without thawing them. Simply steam for 15 minutes and you're good to go!
ANOTHER BRO TIP: Crete your own steamer with a large wok, steaming rack, & some water!
- Transfer all the food from the meal box into an oven-safe plate or tray. DO NOT put the meal box into the convection oven.
- Preheat oven at 250°F for 5 minutes.
- Place food into oven and heat at 250°F for 10 minutes.